

I imagine by this time you all wonder if I actually know how to count. I wrote that I would post again in a few days and now it has been over a month!! Yes, I am grateful to possess the skill of being able to count but seem to lack time, struggle with dial up (I have been trying to up load this for over a week~ugh!) and live in the land of constant chaos. Such is life…a most blessed life that I praise God for daily.
As God would have it, my time at Asilomar was not quite what I had originally planned. My mother never did end up feeling well enough to join us even for one day. This was the first time in a decade that my mother and I did not go to our quilting class together. She was dearly missed.
I did have a wonderful time in the midst of this sudden change nevertheless. Stasi and I delighted in being together as we always do but rarely have opportunity. It had been a year since I had seen Stasi last. My sister is very precious to me and brings me no end of joy. We laughed until our sides ached, talked way too much and often “ran with scissors”. I also had opportunity to enjoy many dear friends that I only am able to see while at our annual quilting class. It was delightful to catch up on everyone’s life. It brings a smile to my face thinking of all that was shared…the happy, sad, funny, etc. parts of life. I am grateful for the many friends that God has placed in my life.
I did not start a new quilt while at Asilomar this year. I just spent time working on an unfinished one from years past. It is the one of Becker and Parker called, “Two Little Boys that God Made Brothers”. I even wrote a short story to go on the back. It is very cute and I am eager to get it completed in the near future. Won’t be an easy task since I have so much left to go on it but I am going to try. I have many unfinished quilt projects from the classes taken at Asilomar. Motivation has set in and with some time and effort I hope to complete them all. Wouldn’t that be great?!!
Aside from not seeing Stasi for a long time, I haven’t had opportunity to see her precious family. Stasi happened to have a current photo of her family with her on her camera card, which I quickly made a copy. I have posted it so you all can share in my joy of seeing them. This photo was taken in March while on vacation in Mexico. How the children have grown! Morgan is now 20, Travis is 16, Tyler is 14 and Jared is 10. They all love the Lord, what more could a “favorite” aunt want?! Matt and Stasi are doing great and enjoy living with their family in Paso Robles, CA. God is good.
My trip to California did not go as planned from the minute I left to the minute I arrived home. God’s plan is always perfect and this was another great example of how His ways are not always are my ways but what I needed in the end. Thank you God for a blessed and wonderful experience.