"Why, yes, I do feel like I have a favorite child-
and some days it's not even any child in this house."
After doing something that blesses me, I tend to tell the child (even if they aren't my own) that they are my "new favorite child." My children are quick to remind a first time recipient of the "favorite child" title to enjoy it while it lasts, because it our home it doesn't last long. There is always someone coming behind that will do the next "you're my favorite" worthy thing. So, yes, I do have a favorite child. As to which child, it just depends on when you happen to inquire. Haha!
My husband has earned the "you're my favorite" title today. While all my big girls are away, he has taken out the five youngest and has left me home...ALONE. Yes. I am alone in my own home. I can't tell you how rare this is. I am "running with scissors", cleaning like the wind and wrapping Christmas gifts...all in total peace and quiet. Rare. Very rare. They will be back soon, so I must go. I have total peace and quiet to enjoy while getting things done, with a diet Dr. Pepper at my side. This is a good day and I am married to a very thoughtful man. Yes, he's my favorite!
No comments:
Post a Comment