

Lillie celebrated her 17th birthday on January 24th. A few months ago she let us know that she wanted a 70's birthday theme, so we we somewhat prepared when the day arrived. Unfortunately, I was nowhere near up for the task. Dennah rose to the occassion and handled everything like a pro!
We had lots of good food...Lillie choose the meals for the day. Lillie was blessed by her gifts and her cake worked for her as well. The somewhat humorous part of the day was when it was discovered that I had misplaced (in an effort to hide them) the gifts from Becker, Parker, Clay, Emma & Camie. This is so typical of me...just ask Joe Mount. He had to wait until Christmas for me to find the gift I had planned to give him in August! Ugh! I ended up having Dennah buy Lillie's gifts again and the kids where able to finally give them to her when we celebrated Hattie's birthday. The gifts were fingernail designer paints, which bring lots of joy to Lillie. The end of the story is that Lillie ended up finding the missing paints later (which just happened to be different colors) and now has 10 new bottles instead of 5. This really works for Lillie! Give Lillie some Airwalk Kicks (look like converse shoes), anything with a peace sign on it and some fun socks and you'll find that things are working for Lil.

No comments:
Post a Comment