Friday, February 19, 2010

Up and Running...Finally!

With all praise to God, I am finally up and running again! When Dr. Ryan told me that my recovery period would be from two to six weeks, I opted for the two weeks. Unfortunately, God choose for my body to need six weeks...ugh! My recovery was filled with some unexpected challenges that left me much weaker than I would have liked. I am regaining strength daily by God's grace. There is always a positive side to every situation and in this case the Lord has help me to get control of my love of eating! My body is still struggling to process food, so the weight I had gained pre-surgery is now gone. Yeah! If I could only get a handle on my temperature regulation, all would be well. My family has become used to my need to adjust the thermostat and they are now just quick to grab a jacket.

I want to thank everyone again for all the sweet cards, delicious meals, flowers, and prayers said on our family's behalf. We have been abundantly blessed and thank God for all the dear and treasured friends He has graciously blessed us with.

2 comments:

The Chatham Family said...

We praise the Lord for each day that you feel better and better!
Can't wait to see you and your family!
Love,
Kim

Janet said...

Praise the Lord!! Thank you so much for posting an update. Will continue to pray for 100% recovery for the new and improved 2010 model. :-) Love, Janet