Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Sweetness of Little Girls

Emma and Camie are truly best friends. They love to do most everything together...play, sing, clean, draw, read and even dance. The other day I looked out the window and saw them dancing in the yard. It was so sweet. I ran to get the camera but by the time I got back, I was only able to snap one photo before they ran off together. What joy fills my heart to see my special little girls delight in each others company.

When I think about it, Emma and Camie have always been close. They held hands in their sleep when they were babies...so sweet. Since they shared a bed when they lived in Liberia, we continued this practice for a few months after they arrived to our home. We would place them on opposite sides of the bed and they always seem to migrate to each other. Just so precious!

I remember the first time we held Camie up to a mirror and she thought she was looking at Emma. It was fun to hold the girls up to a mirror when they were little and hear them say the other one's name. They still look the same but God has truly made Emma & Camie each unique. What a blessing to be the mother of two identical sweet little girls!

2 comments:

Mount Family said...

How our family loves these sweet little girls! Our lives have been richly blessed by meeting the triplets (and your whole family!)
~The Mount family

Rana said...

I remember that mirror thing too! And, I can joining you in saying that it was THE sweetest thing ever.
Hugs from us to you.