Thursday, May 6, 2010

Parker's World

Parker is the "deep" thinker of our family. Although this precious boy is only 8 years old, he is always thinking and amazing us with his questions and view of life. Recently, he had some questions that really tickled us and revealed more of his sweet and caring nature.

The first was about having two wives. Yikes! What a thought to have for a boy so young. When he first asked, I was quick to ask him why he wanted to know about having two wives. His reasoning was very sweet and most innocent. He said, "If I had two wives, one could watch the children while I take the other out, then we could switch and I would take the other wife out, and then the wives could go out and I would watch the children." I did let him know this was a nice reason to think about having two wives but it wasn't God's plan for marriage. Parker was okay with the idea of having only one wife. He will just need to rely on his siblings to watch his children while he takes his wife out.

Then there was the question of what is "higher"...super bad or very, very bad? Parker was setting up a game of tag with Clay, Emma and Camie and was trying to decide who should go first. Apparently, Emma wanted to be "it" super bad and Clay wanted to be "it" very, very bad. Parker wanted to make sure that the one who wanted it most got to be "it" first and came to me to determine what was "higher" on the list of wanting something. I must admit that it took me a minute or two to actually figure out what he was asking. The conclusion was that they should go by age or height order since both seemed to want to be "it" a lot and then everyone could end up having a turn. This is how Parker is...always concerned with others, wanting to consider their preciousness and never wanting someone to feel bad. What a sweet guy to have around!

Our entire family delights in how Parker looks at life and the questions he asks. He has a heart to do right, please the Lord and his family, and never wants anyone to be hurt by his actions. We are so blessed to have Parker in our family!

1 comment:

The Chatham Family said...

Love the picture of Parker!