Yes, we are here in California! The journey west was an adventure in itself. When we were only a few hours out, Camie saw some wind generators just like the ones that line the hills that surround the central valley overlooking Bakersfield, California. She was so sweet when she said, "Yeah! We are almost there." It was sad to think that she was 21 hours off on her declaration. We decided before we left not to stop at a hotel and drive through the night with only quick stops for me to get a bit a sleep. The original plan was for the girls to help out with the driving but God chose to send the rain and heavy winds, so I did most of it. I wouldn't have been able to sleep anyway. Having nine people trying to stretch out and get some rest in a completely packed vehicle truly takes some team work and good attitudes. I am blessed with fabulous kids who all did their best to make the trip as pleasant as possible.
We left Oklahoma at 11:00 AM on Saturday and arrived in California at 12:30 PM on Sunday. It was great to finally see Nana & Grandpa! We arrived in time to get in a quick rest, clean up a little and then join them for afternoon church services. We were blessed to see some folks we hadn't seen for years. Most of Monday was spent at Nana & Grandpa's house. I think Becker ate his weight in plums while we were there. Everyone had a great time. In the late afternoon, we made our way to Nipomo to spend time with the Eschenbach family. This is were we are currently. What a joy to finally lay eyes on baby Finn! He is adorable and so sweet! Looks just like Chip but in miniature. We are having a delightful time...catching up (it's been a year since we saw them last), laughing, playing outside, swimming, drive-in movie adventure,etc. I hope to post more about all this soon.
It has been very special to be back on the Central Coast. With all praise to God, we can say we are there...

1 comment:
How fun!!!!! I saw the photos of finn he's sooo sweet.give
everyone big loves for me.
-Susanna
Post a Comment