Friday, July 16, 2010

Officially 12!

Today is Becker's birthday. Twelve years ago, we were blessed by a young girl with a gift beyond measure. God orchestrated the details for us to be entrusted with a young life to raise for His glory. I am humbled every time reflect back. I am so glad that I get to be Becker's Mama. Thank you Miss Bonnie for such a precious gift!

Becker started of the day with "bad for you cereal" (sugary cereal that is considered a huge treat) followed by gifts. He had picked out most of them so he used his best "surprise face" when opening them. He was thrilled with everything! This afternoon, he will be going with his dad and a couple of siblings to see a movie and then off to Braum's for some ice cream. It should prove to be a great day!
When all my children were younger, I could never imagined us not having everyone home to celebrate but that time has come. Just the younger Elliott's were around this morning for our traditional birthday photo. Becker looks so tall and seems to grow more each day. He comes from tall people so I imagine that he will easily be a 6 foot plus type of guy.

Becker was given a bow for his birthday. Much to his daddy's surprise, Becker is left eye dominate and needs a left handed bow. He is very excited to start practicing so he can be ready for archery season this fall. I am told that pulling back a compound bow like this isn't easy or for folks with weak arms. Good thing Becker is a very strong kid! I guess all those "you aren't listening or obeying" push ups & sit ups have really come in handy. (big grin!)

My precious little boy is "officially" 12 and now way too big to be called little any longer. The time has flown by and I am delighted to see the man Becker is becoming. He loves the Lord. He is kind, compassionate, bold, diligent, honoring and a hard worker. We are blessed to have Becker as part of our family and we do not take his presence in our lives for granted...not for a single minute. His life is a gift to us and we praise God for him.
We LOVE you, Becker! Happy, Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Mount Family said...

Our family loves you too! We're excited to see the man you are growing up to be. Your buddies the Mount Family