Welcome to Five for Friday. A weekly post of five things (in no particular order) worthy of mention that came across our paths during the past week.
 |
One: I finally got myself organized enough to sell some of our no longer needed curriculum
and was blessed to participate in a local homeschool book sale.
This fun group of boys blessed me by helping me get things to and from my car.
While not helping me, they busied themselves working in the concession stand. |
 |
This little girl was a bright spot in my day during the book sale and was quite the entrepreneur!
She showed me three pictures she had drawn and asked me if I'd like one.
I said that I would and asked her to sign it, as I always do with my kids.
Then after I received it, she said, "Now you owe me one quarter."
Most amusing. Of course, I paid her. Later I saw her carrying a cute little pot.
She told me she bought it with the money she earned. I smiled...again. |
 |
Two: Clay was very brave while having a cavity filled at the dentist.
He did so well that he got to pick out two toys from the prize drawer.
So thankful it all worked out well and that we now have dental insurance! |
 |
Three: Dee and Becker spent most of the week at ECU
Volleyball Camp. They had a great time and were able
to improve in the skills. It blesses me to no end that these
two are such good friends. On a side note...Look how tall
Becker is getting! I keep threatening that he'll be wearing
capris if this keeps up! |
 |
Four: I have been blessed for years to use Sears' Kid Vantage program. I could take all my boys
worn out jeans and exchange them for new ones. What a money saving blessing!
When I went in this week to exchange four pairs of Clay's pants, I was told that the program
was ending on July 14th. This is so sad. Haven't told my younger boys yet, but it looks
like they will be wearing a lot more shorts in the future since they are so hard on pants! |
 |
Five: On a shopping trip to Norman with Dee, we stopped by a sweet little cupcake shoppe.
(It is a chain...there just might be one in your neck of the woods!) |
 |
While there, Dee treated me to a delicious treat.
I picked the chocolate mint cupcake and Dee decided upon the salted caramel cupcake.
Both were very yummy! They were larger than a regular size cupcake,
had filling and ganache topping. More cupcake ideas for Dee to put to good use! |
If I was to post a number six for the week, which would be the top of many of my family's list, it would be that the OKC Thunder won the Western Division and is heading to the final playoffs! Very cool. OK has joined forces for our only professional sports team and you can find support for the Thunder everywhere! The lines at Academy Sports has been unreal and crazy! We now even have a few Thunder shirts at our house. It's been a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment