No matter what I do, for the next 18+ months I am going to be challenged with the changes taking place while my hair grows out and give me a different and more "mature" look. I am thankful that God has given me scripture to hide in my heart for the times I grow weary, discouraged or faint. "The hoary (gray) head is crown of beauty and glory if it is found in the way of righteousness (moral and spiritual rectitude in every area and relation)." ~Proverbs 16:31 (Amplified Bible) I headed off to see my "Hair Color & Cut Fairy" to help do some damage control and get me started the right direction to becoming "natural." She did agree that I had a bad color job after I tried to strip out all the old color and that I did look like a Sandra Bullock "wannabe." Not a pretty sight. She also thought that weaving back in some of my original color would help the grow out not look so brutal and ease the transition pain since most of my gray is only concentrated on top. So after hacking off 8 inches of tired, over processed hair that looked like it was cut off one of my daughter's dolls, she went to coloring my hair. (I still have lots of gray. For some reason the photos don't show it much.) Then she gave me a fun new hair cut that I just love! The best part is that Brent likes my hair, too!!
The bonus to my day was that Brent took me out for dinner to celebrate my birthday. We had a delightful time. Speaking of my birthday, I really stretched this one out. The day before my birthday, Cheryl Burnett and Courtney Mount blessed me by taking me to lunch. I had a great time! On my actual birthday, Kim Chatham took me to lunch...a tradition that we do for each of our birthdays that brings me great joy. Following with my "Never Too Old" party with my family. I was able to celebrate for three days straight! WOW!
A special family, good friends (thank you to all who called, sent cards & emailed) and a fun new hair cut...Life is good and I am blessed!
1 comment:
You look amazing... I love it and Im glad im not the only one going gray now! Its a trend...lol So anyway thanks for the post.
Post a Comment