Monday, September 20, 2010

I Miss Her Already!

Today, we drove Dennah down to Dallas where she will stay for eight weeks while participating in the EXCEL program. I cried. I missed her before we had even said goodbye and I will continue to miss her until we head back to Dallas on the 12th of November for her graduation. This is a huge deal when put into context...Dennah has never been away from home alone except for two brief trips with the Mount family to help watch over little ones. During those trips she could call at anytime and felt comfortable and loved with the Mounts. When we dropped her off today, she knew no one. She had to relinquish her phone and most likely will only be given time to call home for 30 minutes once a week. I feel as if my life line to my little girl has been severed! She is my encourager. Always sending thoughtful texts, sharing an encouraging word, going the extra mile, and blessing our family with her gifts and talents. It is going to be a long eight weeks on this mama.

On the other hand, I think it will be an action packed, fun filled, challenging and truly inspiring eight weeks for Dennah. We are so proud of her and know that this special opportunity will grow her even closer in her walk with the Lord. Not everyone gets to set aside eight weeks to concentrate solely on their relationship with God and the skills He desires them to have to become the person He desires them to be. I am very happy for Dee (This is what she will be going by while at EXCEL. She has gotten tired of having to pronounce her name for people and with 66 girls in attendance, she thought it best to just go by the name Daddy Bach has given her without the "little" in front to make things easier.) Even though we had a tearful goodbye, Dennah was excited. Her two roommates seem delightful. Natalia from Mexico and Naomi from Maine. She had met Natalia before while playing in the orchestra at the ATI Conference. What an answer to prayer. Dennah will have to practice her violin a lot while there to be prepared for her recital soon after she returns. She had been praying that there would be someone there who also played the violin so they could encourage each other to practice. It was another confirmation to Dennah that God is listening and will provide for ALL her needs.

Dennah will have her 16th birthday while away. She wants to celebrate when she returns but we decided that she could use one of her gifts before she left. So on Sunday morning she opened her new purple (her signature color) Bible and Bible marking set. She was thrilled and we were happy to bless her. Camie is going to miss Dennah greatly. She is Dennah's "baby" and they are the dearest of friends. I had Lillie take the photo of the two of them resting together on our trip down. Very sweet. Emma and Camie think that their big sister will be living in a palace. I can understand why. The Dallas Ministry Center used to be a hotel and is very elegant in the lobby area.
Above is Dennah and her new roommates, Natalia and Naomi. Please pray for them. My heart's desire is that they would be blessed by this time as they seek to know God deeper. If you feel lead to send Dennah a note of encouragement, she would greatly appreciate it and consider herself blessed.

Miss Dennah Elliott~EXCEL
Dallas Ministry Center
1312 S. Ervay Street
Dallas, Texas 75215

I miss you Little Dee! May God bless you richly during this special time.

No comments: